While you're here
There's plenty to see and do in Hawke's Bay. Check out what's on, and learn more about our Neighbourhoods.
Here are a few key events on this summer. For a full list of what's on check out our events guide.
Here are a few ideas to help you plan your perfect Hawke's Bay Summer escape.
Top 10 things to do over this Summer
Summer in Hawke’s Bay is definitely all it’s cracked up to be. Here’s 10 must-do’s to tick off during your stay in the Bay over the Summer break.
- Visit Cape Kidnappers to marvel at the world’s largest mainland colony of gannets.
- With more than 360 kilometres of coastline, Hawke’s Bay knows how to do beaches.
- Splash Planet – the name says it all really. A whole day’s entertainment for the family.
- Napier’s Marine Parade is 3km stretch of Pacific coastline, perfect for activity, exercise and family-friendly attractions.
- No visit to Hawke’s Bay is complete without visiting some of the region’s 30+ winery cellar doors.
- Hawke’s Bay has 200km of flat, easy riding trails dotted with wineries and cafes so your next stop is never too far away.
- You haven’t experienced the magic of movies til you’ve watched one in the Black Barn Amphitheatre’s Open Air Cinema.
- Buy direct from the growers at one of the region’s farmers’ markets. Top tip – only have a light breakfast…
- Walk a Te Mata Peak trail to the top of this iconic 399m landmark for the most rewarding view possible.
- See in the New Year at Napier’s free and family-friendly New Year’s Eve Community Celebration at the Soundshell on Marine Parade